Act: Actions Speak Louder Than Words
… and prevention is better than cure – funny how these old adages contain so much truth!
Our research has clearly shown that loud sound can cause noise-induced tinnitus and hearing loss, and that music lovers are one of the highest at-risk groups.
HEARsmart is always looking for ways of increasing awareness not only of the risks posed by loud sound, but also ways to be HEARsmart to reduce the risks. Here are some of the things we have done so far, follow the links below to find out more:
- Hearing Health: Tips for musicians, industry and patrons symposium
- Brunswick Road Music Festival
- M4H gig sponsorship in 2015 and 2016
- Interviews on Hearing Loss and Music on PBS
- Presentation at Creative Mornings and City of Melbourne/Music Victoria Venue Day
- Contributing to Best Practice Guidelines for Live Venues.
- Hearing health brochure (see opposite for download)
- Submission to the The Standing Committee on Health, Aged Care and Sport Inquiry into the Hearing Health and Wellbeing of Australia (#32).