HEARsmart has connected with a variety of organisations with aligned interests in hearing health, tinnitus/hearing loss prevention and the music industry, these include:
- Australian Music Industry Network – helping us spread the word about risks and solutions to maintain hearing health
- Deafness Foundation Victoria – generous sponsors of our venue study and great partners come Hearing Awareness Week
- Hear Service (a NFP service of the Victorian Deaf Society) – attended a number of events with these guys, such as the Bruswick Street Festival, an Audio Trade Show and again, Hearing Awareness Week
- Hearing friendly network – through Sensaphonics, we have joined this network to “create a hearing friendly revolution in Australia”!
- Tinnitus Australia – joined with this group during Tinnitus Awareness Week 2017 to get the conversation started on music and tinnitus
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – it was fascinating working on a hackathon with these guys to bring a new perspective to alerting people to the risks of sound exposure
- Live Music Office – provided us with some sound advice on working in this area (pun intended)
- Murdoch University, in particular Dr Jos Mulder is doing some great stuff over in WA, he’s supervising one of our PhD students and also invited us along to the 2015 Sound Check Symposium;
- Music Victoria – everything from contributing to their sound section for Best Practice Guidelines to co-hosting a symposium on hearing health and attending venue days, great stuff, and
- Musicians for Hearing – we were delighted to sponsor their first and second fantastic Auslan-interpreted fundraising gigs.